A Brief History of Baden-Powell Scout Centre Print E-mail
The Baden-Powell Scout Centre was officially opened in February 1929. This wonderful 36 hectare site is a perpetual lease from the NSW Government.

The charm and character of the Centre evolved over the years though the work of dedicated staff inspired and guided by Hartley MacAllister. Tireless work by many scouts created one of the finest Scout Centres in Australia.

During the depression, the Centre became the permanent camping site for many who were out of work, and they built the camping flats, chapel and many of the stone paths and gardens.
The highlight of the Centre's history was the visit by Lord & Lady Baden-Powell in 1931.

Over the years thousands of people in scouting from all over the world have visited the Centre.

Today the Centre is an important part of scouting in New South Wales and with the erection of the new John Hill Training Centre, the focus of training will be enhanced. Schools, community and special interest groups also make use of this fine venue.